Limerick Public Library
Part-Time Position Opening
We are looking for a candidate for the position of Library Aide. This is a part-time
position, approximately 8 hours per week, Friday 1-5pm and Saturday 9-1pm and possibly substitute hours as needed. This is a minimum wage position.
· Clerical skills (typing, filing, answering phones)
· Interpersonal and communications skills with the public
· Detail oriented
Library experience is not required.
The job description is posted on the Library page of the Town of Limerick website at
www.limerickme.org and will be available at the library.
Apply by sending cover letter, resume and references to:
Limerick Public Library
55 Washington St.
Limerick, ME 04048
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Limerick Public Library – Job Description
Job Title: Library Aide
Reports to: Library Director
Approved By: Board of Trustees Date: May 11, 2017
A person in this library position performs technical and other work such as cataloging new acquisitions, the maintenance and use of the library collection and assisting patrons in their search for materials and information. Computer dependent cataloging is used. This person will be familiar with and perform the duties of the main circulation desk. The Library Aide works under the supervision of the Library Director and periodically the Librarian.
Essential Job Functions
· Assists patrons in learning how to use the library’s search tools. These include library computers, computer based media and the web-based card catalog.
· Locates desired materials in local and other accessible collections and answers patron’s questions.
· Ability and authority to perform essential library services, including opening and closing.
· Updates the library collection by cataloging and entering assigned categories of materials on all relevant library catalog systems.
· Performs circulation desk duties including answering the phone, issuing library cards, checking collection materials in and out, collecting fines and handling complaints.
· Assists with library programs.
· Repairs and cleans damaged books and media.
· Assists in keeping the collection inventory properly organized.
· Performs other tasks which assist in the use and proper care of the library and its resources.
· Other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
· Is able to work with a minimum of supervision individually as well as with others and regularly takes personal initiative to execute work responsibilities.
· Have good customer service and public relations skills. Works in a pleasant and effective manner with patrons and co-workers.
· Has a working knowledge of computers, automated search methods and effectively uses the various information access methods.
· Demonstrates a working knowledge of library practices.
· Successfully completes on the job training in cataloging and basic reference.
LIMERICK PUBLIC LIBRARY
CURBSIDE PICKUP PROCEDURES
The Limerick Public Library is excited to offer our patrons Curbside Pickup Service starting June 1, 2020. The Library will still remain closed to the public but we know you have been missing our books and DVD’s. We hope this service will show our appreciation to our wonderful patrons. Below are our procedures for this service:
Curbside Pickup Service will be available for current library card holders. If you do not have a library card, please call or email the library and we will provide you with a library card.
- Patrons may call the Limerick Public Library at 793-8975 to reserve items or you may submit requests to reserve materials through the library online card catalog at https://limerickme.booksys.net/opac/lplme/index.html#menuHome
To log into the system, you will need your username (last name all lower case) and password which is your library card number. If you do not have your card, you may call the Library and we will provide you with your card number.
- If you are unsure of what items you want, you may call the Library to request to ask the library staff to select materials for you.
- Library staff will call or email patrons as soon as the items are all set to be picked up.
- Initially, the Curbside Pickup Hours will be Monday and Friday 1pm-5pm and Wednesday 4-6pm.
- Patrons should call the Library when they are outside the library building, and the library staff will bring their items to the table by the book return box. To respect the social distancing policy and zero contact during pickup, we ask that patrons remain in cars until the library staff leave the table area before you approach.
- As an added precaution we recommend you place materials you take home in an undisturbed area for 24 hours before you use the books and DVDs.
- All items must be returned to the book return box not on the pickup table. Items will continue to be quarantined after they are returned. The borrowed items that you’ve returned will remain on your account for an additional 72 hours.
- No fines will be assessed during this time.
- To safeguard our patrons and staff, all materials picked up during the Curbside Pickup Service will not have been used for at least 72 hours during our quarantine period.