LIMERICK PUBLIC LIBRARY
CURBSIDE PICKUP PROCEDURES
The Limerick Public Library is excited to offer our patrons Curbside Pickup Service starting June 1, 2020. The Library will still remain closed to the public but we know you have been missing our books and DVD’s. We hope this service will show our appreciation to our wonderful patrons. Below are our procedures for this service:
Curbside Pickup Service will be available for current library card holders. If you do not have a library card, please call or email the library and we will provide you with a library card.
- Patrons may call the Limerick Public Library at 793-8975 to reserve items or you may submit requests to reserve materials through the library online card catalog at https://limerickme.booksys.net/opac/lplme/index.html#menuHome
To log into the system, you will need your username (last name all lower case) and password which is your library card number. If you do not have your card, you may call the Library and we will provide you with your card number.
- If you are unsure of what items you want, you may call the Library to request to ask the library staff to select materials for you.
- Library staff will call or email patrons as soon as the items are all set to be picked up.
- Initially, the Curbside Pickup Hours will be Monday and Friday 1pm-5pm and Wednesday 4-6pm.
- Patrons should call the Library when they are outside the library building, and the library staff will bring their items to the table by the book return box. To respect the social distancing policy and zero contact during pickup, we ask that patrons remain in cars until the library staff leave the table area before you approach.
- As an added precaution we recommend you place materials you take home in an undisturbed area for 24 hours before you use the books and DVDs.
- All items must be returned to the book return box not on the pickup table. Items will continue to be quarantined after they are returned. The borrowed items that you’ve returned will remain on your account for an additional 72 hours.
- No fines will be assessed during this time.
- To safeguard our patrons and staff, all materials picked up during the Curbside Pickup Service will not have been used for at least 72 hours during our quarantine period.