The Limerick Fire/EMS Department shall be responsible for the protection of life, property, and health of the citizens of the Town of Limerick, Maine resulting from fires, accidents, hazardous materials releases, natural/manmade disasters, etc., as they may occur in the Town of Limerick. The Department shall also respond to surrounding communities.
Limerick Volunteer Fire Department began on November 7, 1928. The Town of The Limerick appropriated $6,000.00 for the purchase of a “Universal” combination chemical and pumper capable of pumping 600 gallons per minute. Along with the Universal, Limerick Fire Department also had two hose companies. In 1942, The Limerick Volunteer Fire Department purchased a Chevrolet cab and chassis, and the members fabricated a fire body. The fire department was organized into two companies, Company A with the Universal was located at the Central Station, and Company B with the Chevrolet truck was stationed in a garage near Deepvale Tavern. Numerous members of Company B were transferred out of town, and the two companies were consolidated to Central Station.
In 1968, the Limerick Volunteer Fire Department was recognized by the Maine Legislature for the volunteer efforts in rebuilding the fire station
Former Fire Chief’s
Fire Warden Years of Service
Harry W. Hill 1920 - 1928
Fire Chiefs Years of Service
Chief Arthur H. Carpenter 1928 - 1938
Chief John L. (Jack) Morrill 1939 – 1942
Chief Harry M. Wadleigh 1943 – 1944 and 1946 - 1953
Chief Harry J. Roux 1945
Chief Victor O. Morin 1954 – 1958
Chief Andre Morin 1959 – 1964
Chief Preston Gilpatrick Jr. 1965 – 1969
Chief Roger Boucher 1970 - 1987
Chief Richard Manson 1988 - 1993
Chief Roland C. (Sonny) LePage 1994 - 2010
Chief Raymond Bishop 2011
Chief Michael McLean 2012 - 2017
Jason Johnson 2017-Present
Limerick Fire Department would like to recognize and thank the many volunteers who have served the community over the years since the Limerick Fire Department was formed. This page is a tribute to their seThe rvice and sacrifices.